Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Screening Post-Action Report

Friday night's screening was not too bad. I absolutely hated watching myself act, particularly in the opening love scene with my co-star Kelly. I really have a lot to learn about acting on film - either that or I'm going to have to shoot and edit everything I ever act in from now on. Which, come to think of it, isn't such a bad idea. Also, the sound was an absolute mess; we're going to have to go back in and redo a lot of the dialogue. And the director, Doug Ferguson, misspelled my first name in program. I'm not sure how you misspell my FIRST name and not my last name, but somehow he managed it; he has some of the worst spelling I have ever seen.

That said, the fight scenes turned out pretty well and people had nice things to say afterwards. Visually it was really impressive for an independent feature - the footage in the second half should be even better, as the DP Johnny Tsang upgraded his equipment midway through the shoot and got some really nice lenses, in addition to be a very talented cinematographer already. Doug deserves a lot of credit for pulling it all together, especially considering he's only 23. Very motivated. Someday he'll be able to afford someone to spell-check his copy.

An added little treat for me was meeting Mark Texeira, comic book artist legend (Ghost Rider, Punisher War Journal, Wolverine).


Then after the screening I came home, played video games and ate cheese. That's right... Mr. Excitement.

No comments: