Friday, April 29, 2011

Picture #44: Two late-night cravings... one pint of ice cream.


Upon arriving home, I found myself in need of both sleep... and chocolate. Preferably in the form of dairy. But the polar bear had other plans...

Got in late from Pittsburgh after extracting myself from an unfortunate bit of last-minute drama, separate from my family issues. Megabus' internet access is spotty, at best, so writing and posting from the road was a bit annoying. Still, internet on a bus - we live in the future. All this to excuse my COMPLETELY cheating at BEDA and backdating this post a few hours ;)

About said family issues, I'm not entirely sure where I left things with my father. We certainly parted on good terms, but whether my reconnecting with him will have a positive effect and get him to start taking care of himself and living life, time will tell.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

You are such a good person. Not many people would have made the effort that you have with your father. You've done a good thing, and I am sure that it has meant more to him than you could realize, and more than he probably feels he could express. Your helping him, I'm sure, gives him hope, strength, and love. And where there is love, there is healing. If I could, I would give you a big, warm, cleavage filled hug.