Monday, January 3, 2011

Secret Blogs...?

I wonder how many secret blogs are out there? How many silent cries in the virtual dark have been started by people, alone and depressed in the middle of the night, or fed up and frustrated in a fluorescent-framed cubicle at 2:45pm, crushed by love, life and lacking?

I wonder this, as I've often used the internet as my own storm to scream at in the past. But because I now fool myself into thinking people actually follow what I occasionally scribble, I resolved last year to try to reduce the amount of emo I allow to filter out through my various bits of social networking apparatus. That said, I do still find the need to shout into the darkness, to no one in particular. There's a not so submerged part of my subconscious that perhaps sees a sort of magic in this; somehow, if I cast these stones into the water, their intent will reach those people and things that may have caused the burning need to rant in the first place.

It never happens of course, unless you're incredibly passive aggressive about posting things in plain sight. Like this post, for instance. The ex never finds your Missed Connection, your former boss never comes across your rapier-sharp Tweet, and your partners never find your Secret Blog.

And it's probably for the best. Writing on the internet can be therapeutic; like a psychiatrist's exercise cribbed from a cheap self help book; write your problems on a piece of paper and then burn it. Or post it.

Anyway, I was just wondering how many dozens, hundreds, thousands, etc... there might be out there conducting a similar ritual.

P.S. You'll never find it.

2 comments:

A. J. Wisteria said...

Hey now, you never know if you'll find it or not. If You look hard enough, you'd be surprised what you can find. :) Happy New Year!

Naomi Sindle said...

Hey now, listen to the wise words of Lesley Gore, "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to."

Seriously, Shy...this is your blog and if it's for personal reflection, I say be as "emo" as the moment calls for. Besides, there's nothing wrong with a healthy state of melancholia.